Welcome to all our members old and new. We are so excited for our upcoming term.
UPCOMING EVENTS /DATES TO REMEMBER
Note: Classes run as normal throughout school midterm break.
- NEW SUNDAY MORNING CLASSES-for more info see here
- NEW ASD CLASS- for more info see here
- 10th March-GymStart Participation and Competition- Gymnastics Ireland are running an event which is open to all members of EGC age 6 and older. Previously this was a participation Only Event but now they have added a Competition wishin the event. For more details and to book please book here.This is open to our level 2-5 competition squads also.
- St Patricks Day Parade- To Participate, Please complete the Form here– EGC Merchandise must be worn
- 18th March- NO classes.
- From 1st April booking will commence for term 3.
- 23rd-26th April- Easter Camp- for all EGC members age 3+yrs -Early Bird Rate available, book Easter camp here
- EGC SOCIAL EVENT- We want to get to know everyone a little better. We are planning an Event to the local bowling alley, which has quasar and a soft play area. There will be limited places available as they can only accommodate a certain number for safety reasons. Please complete the attached form here if you are interested.(cost will apply, more details to follow)
For any gymnast that wishes to participate in the Community Games and or Gymnastics Ireland GymStart Particpation AND Competition in March we have set up a class every Saturday 4.30-5.30pm to facilitate the learning of the routines as itâ€™s just not possible to teach a minority number of gymnasts these routines within their regular weekly class without causing disruption to the other children in that class. The cost will be €10 pay as you go. This will start on the 26th January. All members are welcome to do this additional class.
Please see our annual calendar to ensure you are up to date with EGC important dates and holidays. All important downloads ranging from code of conduct to insurance downloads is available in our members only sub menu after log in.
We will continue to progress the gymnasts through their certificates. We have a downloadable explanation of each certificate and the skills that are required in order to pass.
We also want to clarify what each category means:
- Beginners– This is the entry point for all gymnasts. These classes work our Foundation, Yellow, Sky Blue and Lime. Although we do encourage where possible to move to Improvers or Intermediate when the gymnast has passed the relevant certificate.
- Improvers-Gymnasts move from Beginners to this class category once the have passed the Lime certificate. They will be working Aqua and Red.
- Intermediate– Gymnasts move from Beginners /Improvers to this class category once they have passed Red certificate.
- Advanced- this hour and half class which gymnasts progress to isnâ€™t guaranteed. It is once the coach recommends them and orange cert is the minimum certificate to have passed.
Feedback: We value your feedback. We need to be aware of any issues in order for us to address them. We have added a quick 60second survey that we would really appreciate you to take the time to complete.Take our survey here.
General Enquiries: Please be advised that we issue an end of year report at the end of Term 3 in conjunction with our regular assessments during your childâ€™s term. Upon assessment your child will receive the certificates as per our programme detailed above. If you would like more specific feedback we are happy to accommodate you however you must give prior notice as your childâ€™s coach may have overlapping classes and may not be available to speak with you at the end of class. Contact us here to arrange a meeting.
Term fees should be paid in full by this stage. If you are paying by standing order this must be in place also. If your account is in arrears by the 31/1/1we will be charging a €10.00 late payment fee to your account. If there is any missed standing orders same fee will apply. If there are any extenuating circumstances please donâ€™t hesistate to contact us and we will deal with your issue on a case by case basis. Select this link to pay now.:
Our Special Edition Christmas kit was a great success. We are planning a re order. Please complete the order form here. A non refundable deposit must be received before we proceed with the order. We expect them to take 6-8weeks.