Welcome to all our members old and new. We are so excited for our upcoming term. Our staff have all refreshed their First Aid and Child Protection courses in recent months. We have also brought in a live roll call system to ensure a safer more time efficient way of accounting and monitoring the gymnasts. In coming weeks we will have have to do a random Fire evacuation to ensure our staff are familiar with what needs to be done in the event of an emergency. This is where the live roll calls are crucial, hence you will see the staff briefly on their phones as the take the roll calls via an app on their device.
Also in the coming months we will be undergoing some construction work. EGC was lucky to be allocated a grant from the Sports Capital Programme.This will go towards a new heating system. we are so grateful and excited for this to be completed.
UPCOMING EVENTS /DATES TO REMEMBER
Note: Classes run as normal throughout school midterm break AND Easter school holidays.
- St Patricks Day Parade– To EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST IN MARCHING WITH THE CLUB, Please complete the Form here– EGC Merchandise must be worn and we do not hold stock so please order here PLEASE BE ADVISED THIS WILL BE SUBJECT TO NUMBERS
- From 3rd March booking will commence for term 3.
- Term 3 starts ON 1ST APRIL BEFORE the Easter holidays and will run throughout the Easter break.
- We will also be running 2 morning easter Camps with very limited availability.
- 6th-9th April AND 14th-17th April Easter Camps– for all EGC members age 3+yrs -Early Bird Rate available
- EGC CLUB COMPETITION EVENT- EGC EASTER CHALLENGE– Following on from our hugely successful Christmas Challenge We are running 2 club events which cater for all our members.
- 29thMarchHoly family School Hall -For Beginners, Improvers, Intermediate and Advanced we have a 2 piece (floor and vault) event. Parents have to option of entering them in a participation only option( where all participants receive a medal or a competition(where only 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th place will be awarded) If any of our GymAble gymnasts would like to have an opportunity to participate please email us so we can discuss an appropriate time to ensure they have a positive experience.
- 28th March – Ennis Gymnastics Club -For Intermediate, Advanced, Display, PreJunior and Pilots we have a 4 piece (Vault, Bars, Beam, Floor) event. This will be a competition only event. As it is for advanced gymnasts. Please consider the above option if you prefer a non competitive event.
- TO BOOK ANY OF THE CAMPS OR EVENTS MENTIONED ABOVE PLEASE PROCEED HERE
For any gymnast that wishes to participate in the Community Games and or EGC Easter Challenge Particpation AND Competition in April we have set up a class every Tuesday 6.30-7.30pm to facilitate the learning of the routines as itâ€™s just not possible to teach a minority number of gymnasts these routines within their regular weekly class without causing disruption to the other children in that class. The cost will be €10 pay as you go. This will start on the 4th Feb. All members are welcome to do this additional class.
Please see our annual calendar to ensure you are up to date with EGC important dates and holidays. All important downloads Such as terms and conditions, code of conduct and our privacy policies.
We will continue to progress the gymnasts through their certificates. Gymnasts are assessed in week 5 and week 10. If we feel they are progressing faster than the majority of their classmates we will contact your to move to an alternative class. We have a downloadable explanation of each certificate and videos of the skills that are required in order to pass.
Leader Programme for Teenagers: Egc has launched a leader programme for teens. This is open to teens age 13yrs or older. The programme focuses on teaching and mentoring teens. They will shadow and learn the basic coaching of recreation gymnastics. They will be asked to compete timesheets, and are committed and accountable in preparation for employment. If successful in their programme and complete the necessary courses we require, they will be offered an employed position as an assistant junior coach when they turn 16yrs of age. Places are limited on their programme to express an interest in this please complete the application form here
Term fees should be paid in full by this stage. If you are paying by standing order this must be in place also. If your account is in arrears by the 31/1/1we will be charging a €10.00 late payment fee to your account. If there is any missed standing orders same fee will apply. If there are any extenuating circumstances please donâ€™t hesistate to contact us and we will deal with your issue on a case by case basis. Select this link to pay now.:
Lost Property: We have bag loads of lost property so if your child is missing an item please ask at reception. If not collected before 4th Feb we will be donating to SVDP charity.
Smart watches such as FitBits are prohibited. These are causing massive distractions and or upset when lost. We cannot be held responsible for items such as these or mobile phones and would request your child does not wear or bring to class.
Feedback: We value your feedback. We need to be aware of any issues in order for us to address them. We have added a quick 60second survey that we would really appreciate you to take the time to complete.Take our survey here.
General Enquiries: Please be advised that we issue an end of year report at the end of Term 3 in conjunction with our regular assessments during your childâ€™s term. Upon assessment your child will receive the certificates as per our programme detailed above. If you would like more specific feedback we are happy to accommodate you however you must give prior notice as your childâ€™s coach may have overlapping classes and may not be available to speak with you at the end of class. Contact us here to arrange a meeting.